Online gaming and betting companies licensed with an Online Gambling License in Malta are one of the fastest-growing business sectors in Malta.
Companies with an Online Gambling License in Malta are regulated under the provisions of the Remote Gaming Regulations
The first online betting site in Malta was launched in 2000. Since then, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) was created to regulate all forms of gaming in Malta, including remote gaming operations. In April 2004, the Regulations were published, making Malta the first EU member state to regulate remote gaming.
The remote gaming regime applied by the MGA is both technology- and game-neutral, therefore encompassing any type of gaming offered by means of distance communication (including, but not limited to, internet, digital TV, mobile phone technology and telephony). Any game offered by means of distance communication, which can be securely managed and is compliant with the Regulations, will be reviewed and considered for licensing by the MGA.
There are 2 types of online gaming licenses issued in Malta a B2C license or a B2B license
Licensees must have the core part of their online operation physically located in Malta.
Malta Gambling License Requirements
Basic requirements are:
In order to qualify for an Online Gambling License in Malta the following conditions and submissions have to be met:
- Original Certificate of no criminal record of the owners of the company to ensure that there are no criminal records about these owners, not older than 3 months;
- Pass ‘Fit & Proper’ Test
- Fill various key function compliance roles (if you cannot fill them with your team members, we can provide team members to do so at an additional cost)
- Notarized / Certified Copy(ies) of passport(s)
- Original Bank references of the owners; not older than 3 months
- Original or Notarized / Certified Copies of utility bills not older than 3 months
- Detailed business plan
- Details of all gaming software systems used
- Compliance & Software audit
- Hosting of operations/gaming servers must be in Malta
Our turnkey package with an Online Gambling License in Malta includes:
- Maltese Company
- Registered Office, Agent and Secretary.
- Business Plan preparation and submission
- Collecting, collating application requirements
- Documentation preparation and submission (Gaming & Control system based on MGA requirements)
- Application for B2C or B2B Malta Online Gaming License
- Assistance establishing corporate bank account for the business
- Assistance establishing payment processing account(s) for acceptance of Visa & MC for the online gaming business
- Assistance establishing a SKRILL account for acceptance of payments for the online gaming business
- Assistance establishing a NETELLER account for acceptance of payments for the online gaming business
- 4 Hours Personalized Advice: Need some help or assistance with conducting your business offshore? Want to get favorable conditions when applying for an offshore credit card? Want to know where you can invest your offshore profits for maximum return? … Ask us! We offer the best after-sale support in the industry, and will do our best to assist you with whatever concerns and problems you might have … !
What a wealth of benefits!
Malta Gambling License Cost
The total costs for a Maltese Online Gaming License are only €17,785 plus government license fees of approx €35,000 (plus the prescribed monthly ‘Compliance Contribution’ based on the type of license)
There is no better time to take advantage of an Online Gambling License in Malta
Take advantage of our 20 years of experience and let us help you every step of the way.
Contact Us to order your Online Gambling License in Malta Immediately!
Your business is important to us and we guarantee professional service.