Companies with an Online Gaming License in Malta are regulated under the provisions of the Remote Gaming Regulations. The first online betting site in Malta was launched in 2000. Since then, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) was created to regulate all forms of gaming in Malta, including remote gaming operations.
In April 2004, the Regulations were published, making Malta the first EU member state to regulate remote gaming. The remote gaming regime applied by the MGA is both technology- and game-neutral, therefore encompassing any type of gaming offered by means of distance communication (including, but not limited to, internet, digital TV, mobile phone technology and telephony).
The Republic of Malta is situated in the centre of the Mediterranean, south of Sicily, east of Tunisia and north of Libya. Malta is attractive for business owners due to its fast-growing economy and a strong legal system that’s in line with EU regulations and promotes an environment of regulation, professionalism and high living standards.
Malta gained its independence from the United Kingdom in 1964 and became a republic in 1974. Since 1964 it has been a member of the United Nations and in 2004 it joined as a member of the European Union.
Why Should I get a Malta Gaming License?
- Worldwide reputation and prestige
- Stable regulatory framework
- Player trust due to player protection and rigorous control mechanisms enforced by the MGA
- High anti-money laundering standards
- Although Malta tax rate is set at 35%, shareholders may reduce to as little as 5% in certain cases
- Educated, professional and experienced workforce with relatively low wages
- A wide array of double taxation treaties with various countries worldwide.
- Those holding a Maltese license are only stopped from offering services to customers in FATF blacklisted countries, and territories where it is illegal or a local license is required.
Types of Malta Gaming Licenses
There are 2 types of online gaming licenses issued in Malta a B2C license or a B2B license. Licensees must have the core part of their online operation physically located in Malta.
Malta Gaming License Costs and Time Frames
The Maltese license is one of the most renowned gaming licenses in the globe, but of course, this does come at a price. We have a Malta Online Gaming License option available for virtually any budget. From the most basic Malta Company and Online Gaming license combination to a complete turnkey package. Contact us to discuss your specific needs and get a fully customized proposal.
The process of applying for a Malta online gambling license is complex and may take as much as 6 weeks. The Malta Gaming Authority requires face-to-face meetings with applicants and sometimes will require additional documents that can draw out the process. The MGA typically takes 12 weeks to approve a license application.
What does the Turn-Key Package Include?
Fast Offshore’s Turn-key Malta Gaming License Package includes:
- Maltese Company
- Registered Office, Agent and Secretary.
- Business Plan preparation and submission
- Collecting, collating application requirements
- Documentation preparation and submission (Gaming & Control system based on MGA requirements)
- Application for B2C or B2B Malta Online Gaming License
- Assistance establishing a corporate account for the business
- Support establishing payment processing account(s) for acceptance of Visa & Master Card for the online gaming business
- Personalized Advice: Enjoy peace of mind knowing you have our experienced assistance for the coming 12 months.
Annual renewal fees are also low and Fast Offshore offers a great value maintenance package for our clients. This means we take care of all obligations and corporate matters on an ongoing basis.
Malta Gaming License Requirements:
To qualify for an Online Gaming License in Malta the following conditions and submissions have to be met by each and every director, shareholder, beneficial and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Original Certificate of no criminal record of the owners of the company to ensure that there are no criminal records about these owners, not older than 3 months;
- Pass ‘Fit & Proper’ Test
- Fill various key function compliance roles (if you cannot fill them with your team members, we can provide team members to do so at an additional cost)
- Original Bank references of the owners; not older than 3 months
- Notarized / Certified Copy(ies) of passport(s)
- Original or Notarized / Certified Copies of utility bills not older than 3 months
- Detailed business plan
- Compliance & Software audit
- Details of all gaming software systems used
- Hosting of operations/gaming servers must be in Malta
NOTE – All documents must be in English and dated no older than 90 days. Where documents are not in English, certified English translations are required.
Why Fast Offshore?
Need some help or assistance with compliance? Want to get favourable conditions when applying for credit card processing? Want to know where you can get alternate payment methods set up? … Ask us! We offer the best after-sale support in the industry, and will do our best to assist you with whatever concerns and problems you might have!
Entrusting your corporate management and licensing to Fast Offshore is the logical choice, with our more than 22 years of experience you are guaranteed to have real-world, professional recommendations and, most importantly, a legal business supported by a recognized iGaming License from Malta. Guarantee your online gaming business is built on a 100% legal foundation complete with a Maltese Online Gaming License. Get in touch with us to order your Online Gambling License in Malta Today!