With one of the lowest price tags, Vanuatu’s second passport programme is quick and straightforward. The processing time is extremely fast, around 30-60 days from start to finish. Vanuatu citizenship can be acquired by investing USD 130,000 in a local investment fund. There are also application fees of around USD 180,000.
Vanuatu is a Pacific island country situated in the South Pacific Ocean. An archipelago, it comprises a number of islands and is located between Australia, New Caledonia, New Guinea, Fiji, and the Solomon Islands. It is a member of the British Commonwealth and is home to the only citizenship by investment programmes in the region.
The official languages of Vanuatu are English, French, and the native language of Bislama. It is a unitary parliamentary republic and has a population of around 304,000. Vanuatu is a member of the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Agence de Cooperation Culturelle et Technique, la Francophonie amongst others. The country has strong economic and cultural ties to Australia, the EU, especially France, the UK, and New Zealand. The mainstays of its economy are agriculture, tourism, offshore financial services, and cattle.
Benefits of the Vanuatu Second Passport
The benefits of a Vanuatu second passport are:
- No restrictions on dual citizenship
- Visa-free access to over 125 countries worldwide, including Schengen Zone countries, the UK and Singapore
- A stable social, political, and economic environment
- No requirements to visit, or reside in Vanuatu to obtain citizenship
- No income tax, wealth tax, inheritance tax, or capital gains
- A fast processing time- 30-60 days
- Vanuatu citizenship is hereditary and passed through descent
- The Oath Swearing Ceremony can take place anywhere
- There are no language requirements to complete the process
- You can pay in Bitcoin
- The second passport programme is open to applications from any country except Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and North Korea
An applicant wishing to acquire a Vanuatu second passport must invest USD 130,000 in a government investment fund. For those that want to apply with their family members, the amount that needs to be invested rises to USD 180,000.
It is also required to pay application fees to the government. These are in the religion of USD 180,000. Fees to professional service providers also need to be factored into the total cost.
Any applicant for Vanuatu citizenship must present evidence that they have a clear criminal record and that they are persons of good conduct. These documents must be provided from their native country and any country they are residents of. In addition to this, the Vanuatu government will conduct their own thorough due diligence and KYC on each applicant to ensure they are reputable.
The applicant and any family members also have to take part in an Oath Swearing Ceremony. This happens after approval and prior to the issuance of the passport. This ceremony can take place anywhere in the world and does not have to be in Vanuatu.
Contributions for Vanuatu Second Passports
The contributions required to be completed before a Vanuatu second passport can be issued, include the donation of between USD 130,000 and USD 180,000 to the government fund. This must be made in full prior to approval and evidence of the payment must be provided.
All government fees and professional service fees must be paid in full before the passport can be issued to the applicant(s).
How long it takes
Acquiring a Vanuatu second passport is very quick. In fact, it is a jurisdiction with one of the fastest approval times. You can be approved in between one and two months, as long as all documents are in order.
Application Process for Vanuatu Citizenship
Acquiring Vanuatu citizenship includes a number of important steps that need to be taken with due care and consideration. The whole process takes between 30 and 60 days from start to finish.
- Before you start your application for a Vanuatu second passport, you need to engage the services and assistance of a professional such as Fast Offshore. We will evaluate your circumstances and guide you through preparing and executing each step of the process. At this point, we will then check your documents.
- The next step of the process is to advise the Vanuatu government of your intention to apply for citizenship.
- The authorities will conduct due diligence on the main applicant and spouse (if applicable) to ensure eligibility. Applicants must pay due diligence fees and submit identity documents and their police conduct check at this stage. This part of the process takes around two days.
- After pre-approval, all documents must be collated and the application submitted.
- A 25% payment must be made when the application is filed. A letter of approval is sent and the remaining 75% is paid within 5 days of receipt.
- At this stage, the certificate of citizenship is issued and the Oath is taken. This can take place in Vanuatu or at a location anywhere in the world, subject to an extra fee. The Commissioner of Oath and a passport officer conducts the ceremony and the passports will be handed over.
Get in Touch!
Through our network of trusted partners, we can assist you in picking the perfect passport and then taking care of all the paperwork. Alongside the applications, we can also assist with company incorporation, bank account opening, and other forms of corporate and financial advice, in each jurisdiction.
Enjoy fast, experienced, efficient and professional ongoing support with Fast Offshore. Contact us today to take the first step towards freedom and new opportunities with a second passport.
Looking for More Options?
Select one of the buttons below to learn more about the country benefits, requirements, contributions and application process: