In 2015, the government introduced its citizenship by investment scheme. St Lucia second passport programme requires all applicants to make a significant economic investment of USD 100,000 or USD 300,000 in real-estate projects and development. In exchange for this and subject to due diligence, the applicant and family members are granted citizenship.
About St Lucia
St Lucia is an island in the West Indies, in the eastern Caribbean Sea. Previously known as Iyonola, it is a part of the Lesser Antilles and is between Saint Vincent, Barbados and Martinique. It is a small country, covering just 238 square miles and home to in the region of 165,595 people.
The official language is English but French and Saint Lucian Creole are widely spoken.
During its past, St Lucia has been in the hands of the British and the French, changing hands frequently over the last several hundred years. In 1979, St Lucia became an independent state and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations. It’s legal system is based on both civil law and English common law.
Categorised as a Small Island Developing State as per the United Nations, St Lucia relies on services, industry, agriculture, and tourism. The country has been successful in attracting foreign business in the form of offshore banking.
Benefits of the St Lucia Second Passport
The benefits of a St Lucia second passport are:
- Visa-free or visa on arrival travel to 146 countries
- Freedom of movement in the EU, Schengen Area, Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK
- No residence requirement
- No need to visit
- Recognition of dual citizenship
- Attractive processing and investment requirements
- Incentivising local fiscal regime
- The entire family is eligible
- Stable social and economic climate
Requirements for the St Lucia Citizenship
There are a number of requirements that must be met before an individual can apply for St Lucia second passport.
The main applicant must be at least 18 years old and prove they are of good standing and reputation. This includes not having any criminal charges or convictions.
Applicants must also commit to investing a certain amount, as defined by the requirements of the St Lucia government. They must ensure that these investments are held for a certain amount of time, where required.
Contributions for St Lucia Second Passports
Those wishing to get a St Lucia second passport must choose from a number of investment options. Grenada offers a high level of flexibility when choosing investment options.
- They can either purchase real estate with a value of at least USD 300,000 from a pre-approved real estate development. This must be held for a minimum of five years.
- They can also choose to participate in an approved enterprise project by contributing USD 3.5 million and creating at least three, permanent jobs.
- Alternatively, applicants can make a non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund. This totals USD 100,000 for a single applicant.
- The last option is to invest in non-interest-bearing government bonds which must be held for at least five years. The main applicant must invest at least USD 500,000 in these bonds.
How long it takes
The whole process from application to the passport being issued takes between three and four months. This is as long as all documents are in order and submitted in a timely manner.
Application Process for St Lucia Citizenship
Acquiring St Lucia citizenship includes a number of important steps that need to be taken with due care and consideration. The whole process takes between 3 and 4 months from start to finish.
- Before you start your application for a St Lucia second passport, you need to engage the services and assistance of a professional such as Fast Offshore. We will evaluate your circumstances and guide you through preparing and executing each step of the process. At this point, we will then check your documents.
- Once all of your documents have been checked and collated, the file can be prepared for submission. It must be submitted to the government via an authorised local agent as required by St Lucian law.
- Each application is then vetted and checked by the government. Extensive background, criminal, and due diligence checks are conducted and all submitted information is verified. There is no need for an interview.
- Once this has been completed and a decision has been made, the applicant will receive a notification of this.
- When the application has been approved, the applicant must now complete their investment as per the option they have chosen.
- Following the completion of the investment, the St Lucia citizenship certificate will be issued and the application for passport submitted on behalf of the applicant. There is no need to attend St Lucia to retrieve the passport, instead, it can be couriered where needed.
Get in Touch!
Enjoy fast, experienced, efficient and professional ongoing support with Fast Offshore. Contact us today to take the first step towards freedom and new opportunities with a second passport. We can also assist with company incorporation, bank account opening, and other forms of corporate and financial advice, in each jurisdiction.
Looking for More Options?
Select one of the buttons below to learn more about the country benefits, requirements, contributions and application process: