In 1984, the government introduced St Kitts and Nevis second passport programme as a way to attract investment and financial services to the islands. Through the programme, wealthy and reputable foreign investors can acquire citizenship after satisfying a number of requirements.
The island nation of St Kitts and Nevis has one of the strongest passports in the Caribbean. It is also the oldest, and the most respected of all the citizenship by investment programmes and served as a model for other countries that followed suit.
St Kitts and Nevis programme grants citizenship within 3-4 months. Obligations include contributing USD 150,000 to the economy or investing US 200,000 in real estate. With no prior residence requirements, St Kitts and Nevis programme is easy in terms of application.
About St Kitts and Nevis
Gaining independence in 1983, it sits around 1000 miles southeast of Miami and comprises two islands Nevis, and St Kitts. The official language of the islands is English and it is a member of the British Commonwealth, CARICOM, the Organization of American States and various other prestigious international organizations.
Its currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar which is pegged to the US Dollar and the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank is headquartered there.
The country is a great location for investors and business. Its workforce is highly educated and English speaking, the weather is incredible, and the scenery is unsurpassed.
Benefits of the St Kitts and Nevis Second Passport
Benefits of the St Kitts and Nevis second passport include:
- Visa-free or visa on arrival travel to 152 different countries
- Visa-free travel to the EU and Schengen Area
- No residency requirements
- No need to visit St Kitts
- Tax-free- zero income or wealth tax
- Dual citizenship
- No educational requirements
- A simple process
- A country with an excellent reputation
- Inclusion of children under 30 and dependents parents or grandparents over 55
- Good investment options
- Cost-efficient fees
- A socially, politically, and economically stable country
Requirements for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
Those applying for a St Kitts and Nevis second passport are required to provide a police certificate from their native country. In addition to this, they must provide a similar document from any other country they have lived in for more than one year, over the last 10 years. Police certificates are to show that the applicant is someone of good standing and has not been convicted of a crime. St Kitts and Nevis authorities will also conduct in-depth due diligence and background checks on the individual and on all documentation that is submitted.
The applicant must prove that they are in good medical health. This must be accompanied by the results of an HIV test. This test must be taken by all applicants including children and must not be more than three months old.
The authorities also require a bank reference letter that has been issued by an internationally recognised bank within the last six months. This should also be accompanied by a professional reference from an attorney, notary, or accountant- also not older than six months.
The applicant must also show a willingness to comply with the various investment requirements, as well as providing evidence of all applicable payments.
Contributions for St Kitts and Nevis Second Passports
Applicants for the St Kitts and Nevis second passport must choose from various investment options.
In 2018, the authorities launched a permanent investment fund that replaced the temporary Hurricane Relief Fund that was set up to support redevelopment following devastating hurricanes during 2017. The Sustainable Growth Fund is open for donations and a single applicant is required to donate USD 150,000. A spouse must donate a further USD 25,000 and additional dependents USD 10,000.
Due diligence fees are also applicable. They are USD 7500 for the main applicant, USD 4000 for a dependent over 16 and USD 4000 for a financial sponsor.
As an alternative to the donation, applicants can choose to invest in real estate. They can purchase government-approved property valued at a minimum of USD 400,000. The investment must be maintained for five years.
Alternatively, they can take an investment of USD 200,000 in a government-approved luxury resort. This investment must be maintained for at least seven years.
How long it takes
The process of acquiring a St Kitts and Nevis passport can take up to eight months but on average it is around four. It is important that you gather all the required documents and submit them in a timely manner. You can pay a fee to expedite the consideration process, reducing it from 90 days to just 60.
Application process for St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
Acquiring St Kitts and Nevis citizenship includes a number of important steps that need to be taken with due care and consideration. The whole process takes between 3 and 4 months from start to finish.
- Before you start your application for a Dominica second passport, you need to engage the services and assistance of a professional such as Fast Offshore. We will evaluate your circumstances and guide you through preparing and executing each step of the process. At this point, we will then check your documents.
- At this stage, due diligence and know your customer process will be taken as an initial action. All documents will then be prepared and submitted, with the application to the authorities.
- The applicant must also undergo the medical examination and prepare the HIV clearance document.
- All of these documents will then be submitted to the authorities. These documents will include the application form.
- At this stage all due diligence and government fees are payable.
- The government will then issue a confirmation of acceptance of documents and a three-month examination period will begin. It is possible to expedite this process to 60 days instead of 90 but there are additional fees payable in this case.
- The applicant must ensure that they provide evidence of the chosen investments and their completion.
- At this stage, citizenship is granted. The applicant must pay the fees for passport issuance and the certificate of naturalisation.
Get in Touch!
We can assist you in picking the perfect passport and then taking care of all the paperwork. Enjoy fast, experienced, efficient and professional ongoing support with Fast Offshore. Contact us today to take the first step towards freedom and new opportunities with a second passport.
Looking for More Options?
Select one of the buttons below to learn more about the country benefits, requirements, contributions and application process: