The Dominica second passport programme has been operating since 2014 and provides investors with citizenship in return for investment into the local economy. The programme was a lifeline for the nation following a number of devastating hurricanes. Dominican citizens can benefit from visa-free travel or visa on entry travel to around 140 countries including the UK, EU and Schengen Zone.
Dominican citizenship can be obtained within 3-4 months and by contributing USD 100,000 into the local economy or investing USD 200,000 in local real estate.
Dominica, of the Commonwealth of Dominica, is a small island country in the Caribbean. A part of the Leeward Islands Chain, it is near Guadeloupe and Martinique. The population was just over 71,000 in 2013 and its inhabitants speak English, French and Dominican Creole. It was once under French control before being seized by the British Empire. It gained independence in 1978 but remains a Commonwealth member with Queen Elizabeth II as the head of state.
Nicknamed the Natural Isle of the Caribbean, Dominica is famed for its incredible natural environment. It is home to mountains, hot springs, rainforests and many species of rare plants and animals.
The agricultural sector is dominated by coffee, patchouli, aloe vera, exotic fruits, and flowers. The economy is becoming increasingly dependent on tourism, in particular luxury tourism. It is also a beneficiary of the Caribbean Basin Initiative which grants duty-free entry to the US Market. Over the last few years, it has developed into a major international financial centre with the largest sectors being offshore banking, payment processors, and general corporate activities.
Dominica is an incredibly beautiful island that brings together a mix of cultures including English, French, African, and Carib. It also boasts the lowest crime rate in the region and is socially, politically, and economically stable.
Benefits of the Dominica Second Passport
The benefits of a Dominica second passport are:
- Visa-free travel to around 140 countries and territories
- Visa-free travel to the EU and Schengen Zone
- Ability to pass on citizenship to descendants
- Right to dual citizenship
- Inclusion of children under 30
- No residency requirements
- Inclusion of unmarried daughters under 30 and supported by the applicant
- No educational requirements
- Inclusion of dependent parents and grandparents over 55
- Zero tax for non-residents
- A beautiful country
- Commonwealth member state
Requirements for the Dominica Citizenship
Anyone who wishes to hold a Dominica second passport must ensure that they meet a number of requirements. Firstly, they must prove that they are not a criminal and do not have any pending charges or convictions. In addition to this, the government will undertake in-depth due diligence processes which include ascertaining where funds have originated from.
Applicants must also be in excellent health. There are tests mandated by the government as a part of the process that will ascertain the health status of each applicant.
Each person wishing to hold a Dominica second passport must have a basic knowledge of the English language. They must also be ready to fulfil one of the investment options as outlined by the Dominica government.
Contributions for Dominica Second Passports
To qualify for a second passport from Dominica, applicants must fulfil a pre-defined investment option.
For a single applicant, a non-refundable contribution to the Government Fund must be made. This totals USD 100,000.
For an applicant with a spouse, a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000 is required. With three qualifying dependents and the main applicant, a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 is required. An additional USD 25,000 is required for each additional dependent other than a husband or wife.
Applicants that apply under the government donation option must pay the balance of the donation within 30 days of receiving approval.
There are also fees payable, between USD 25,000 and USD 70,000 depending on how many applicants and dependents are applying.
Alternatively, applicants may purchase a property with a minimum value of USD 200,000. This must be government approved and held for a minimum of three years. If the applicant holds the property for five years, they are then able to offer it for sale as a part of the second passport programme.
Application process for Dominica Citizenship
Acquiring Dominican citizenship includes a number of important steps that need to be taken with due care and consideration. The whole process takes between 3 and 4 months from start to finish.
- Before you start your application for a Dominica second passport, you need to engage the services and assistance of a professional such as Fast Offshore. We will evaluate your circumstances and guide you through preparing and executing each step of the process. At this point, we will then check your documents.
- At this stage, due diligence and know your customer process will be taken as an initial action. All documents will then be prepared and submitted, with the application to the authorities.
- Also payable at this stage are all fees, including application fees.
- The government will then conduct in-depth due diligence on the applicant. This will include not just criminal charges or convictions, but other types of conduct that could bring disrepute to the country. The funds and their source is also analysed.
- The government takes between 60 to 90 days to fully process the application. There is no need to attend an interview.
- After clearing the due diligence process, the client will receive a letter of approval in principle.
- At this stage, the investment must be made and evidence of its completion presented to the authorities.
- Once the investment has been verified, a signed and notarized Oath of Allegiance is submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is then approved by the Prime Minister.
- Following this, the Certificate of Naturalization and passport are issued within seven days.
Get in Touch!
Through our network of trusted partners, we can assist you in picking the perfect passport and then taking care of all the paperwork. Alongside the applications, we can also assist with company incorporation, bank account opening, and other forms of corporate and financial advice, in each jurisdiction.
Enjoy fast, experienced, efficient and professional ongoing support with Fast Offshore. Contact us today to take the first step towards freedom and new opportunities with a second passport.
Looking for More Options?
Select one of the buttons below to learn more about the country benefits, requirements, contributions and application process: